Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NOODLE MANIA :)


NOODLES IN TOMATO SAUCE

I prepared a simple lunch of noodle with korean mushroom and beancurd drumstick in tomato sauce. The style is like spaghetti bolognese where you serve by mixing the prepared gravy with the cooked noodle. As this was a vegetarian version, I replaced meat with buna shimeiji mushroom and deep fried beancurd drumstick. But I did not use spaghetti noodle since I just done it with quinoa noodle. To balance the meal, I just simply added green salad.

Serving for 2 persons:


In a pot of boiling water, cook the dry noodle until soft and drain. Set aside.
In a pan, heat oil and fry shallots. Add in mushroom and season with G-seasoning powder. Add in tomato puree, water and season with sugar, vinegar and lemon juice. Stir fry till mushroom soften and add in deep fried beancurd drumstick. Stir for 1 min and lastly thicken gravy with cornstarch. Pour over noodle and serve with your choice of green salad.

No comments: